Winners of the Guardian’s prestigious student media awards have been announced, with a host of SPA members leading the charge.
The awards are described as “recognising the country’s most talented students planning to enter the journalism and media industry”.
New editor-in-chief of the Guardian, Katherine Viner, hailed the achievements of those selected for her paper’s prestigious accolades.
“It’s great to see so many talented young individuals with such a passion for journalism,” she said.
“I’m delighted to have been a part of the judging panel and am excited about hearing more from this exceptional group in the future.”
Read the list of winners below, and the shortlist here.
- Student Publication of the Year – Roar News, King’s College London
- Student Website of the Year – the-gist.org, University of Glasgow
- Student Reporter of the Year – Harrison Jones, University of Exeter
- Student Feature Writer of the Year – Timothy Revell, University of Strathclyde
- Student Opinion Writer of the Year – Wail Qasim, Birkbeck University
- Student Critic of the Year – Chris Owen, University of York
- Student Photographer of the Year – Louis Supple, Falmouth University
- Student Multimedia Journalist of the Year – Kara Fox, Goldsmith’s University
- Student Media Startup of the Year – Pietro Passarelli, University of London